Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holy Crap! Where does the time go???

I have no answers. I have no excuses. I have only my apologies! It has been months since I have posted, and I can only say that I will attempt to do better.

It is now after Christmas. One holiday down, 1 more to go. I think that I will be working up until about 5:30pm New Years Eve. Then, off for another 2 day weekend. (Very rare these days.)

No real reports to make as to my comings and goings, but to say that I have been coming and going back and forth to work!

As far as business goes, we sold 20 retail units in November (4 wholesales) and are sitting at about 13 units for December. Not going into great details, we are doing as well as can be expected for the season and infancy of the dealership. We have a great mix of SUV's and all wheel drive cars mixed in with some great European / Japanese imports. All in all, I am enjoying myself.

The kids are doing well and have had a very active fall with Marching Band (Alex), Football, Wrestling, Basketball, Band (Ben), Football, Band (Zach), and Football, Basketball (Gabby). I believe they had a good Christmas season this year, albeit un-orthodox. (See Marcy's blog for details.)

Marcy is enjoying (most days) her new job that she has held since July and the money it does bring into the family finances. (We can use it all at the moment.)

I have reflected back on the year 2010. As far as most of it goes, I won't miss it!

2010 has introduced some losses.

A member of my High School alumni was taken a few weeks ago in a car accident. Shannin (Combs) Hancuff has left 4 sons, a husband, and a sad void to those that were close to her. (I was not close to her, but feel the loss nonetheless.)

An adoptive Grandfather just lost his battle with getting old. Thank you Ernie Taylor for being a wonderful neighbor and support over the years! You will be missed.

My knee continues to be the bane of my existence. Surgery seems to be more and more likely. Very glad that my income currently is not dependant on my ability to use my knee. Walking is hard / painful enough.

I have learned to believe that a true friend always will be....

And so I say with one, loud voice.."BE GONE YOU PIECE OF CRAP YEAR 2010!!! I WILL NOT MISS YOU!"

1 comment: