Tuesday, October 19, 2010

....I'm back!....

I really can't believe it has been about 7 weeks since I have posted, but alas - it has been. For those who even give a rip, I apologize.

My life has been CRAZY! When you last heard from me, I was employed at Bish's RV in Idaho Falls as the Business/Finance manager. In a word, I really liked working for Bish's. BUT, the seasonal nature of the RV business and the 1 hour commute each way and about 120 miles a day left me to explore other opportunities.

One's past can either come back to haunt or bless. I am still making up my mind as to what is happening to me, but for now, I am only commuting about 4 miles...

I came to Idaho initially at the invitation of a long time friend to work as the office manager of a used car lot. One thing led to another and eventually, I was selling, financing and managing the car lot. After a few years, the owners of the company decided to sell it - thus, I decided to get back into a booming construction market.

That wave lasted for about 5 years.

Now, two out of the three original owners are back together with a new managing partner and we have been opening up a new "used car lot" for the past 6 weeks. In other words, we have been upgrading and remodeling the physical facilities while trying to be profitable with about a 50 unit inventory. It has turned my life into a long day at work - about 12 - 14 hours a day. (Thus no movie reviews for a while.) I long for the opportunity to get a handle on my personal time.

I am the main Salesperson, the full time Finance Manager, and the general "catch all" for Robert, my long time friend. For now, I will be content to have a local job with potential of a great income and will hopefully keep my marriage intact as I am now trying to curb my time at work back to a reasonable amount. Hang in there Marcy and children. I am trying!

That's it in a nutshell. Not exciting, but honest.

4 comments:

  1. Yey! I missed you!

    I admire your bravery. It takes guts to change such a huge part of your life, and I hope it all works out fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I was so tired of spandex in Idaho falls.
    So glad you seem to be happy in your new direction. Hope this one pays off. If time=money it should! Only the best wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back. What cars are you selling? Do you guys have a website yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Still busy!?:)

    ReplyDelete